A PDF pattern (also known as an e-Pattern or e-Book) is a digital sewing pattern that you buy online. It is sent to your email or you can access it through your account. You then save the sewing pattern to your computer and print it off on your printer.
PDF patterns offer many benefits over traditional paper patterns.
- They are convenient - PDF Patterns can be purchased and used almost instantly, without ever leaving your home. You can purchase from home and begin sewing immediately.
- They are reusable - you can save the pattern to your computer and then simply print and cut the size you need. If you need another size you can print it again from your computer. You never have to trace sizes (unless you want to).
- They are detailed and thorough - Our patterns and tutorials include many illustrations and/or photos to guide you through each step by step instruction.
Yes. The pattern pieces are tiled, so you download the pattern onto your computer, print the pages out on your home printer (it uses regular 8 1/2 by 11” or A4 printer paper), cut off a few margins, and tape the pages together.
We also offer most of our PDF patterns in a large format (A0) printing size. We recommend PDFPlotting.com for this printing service.
Absolutely! Every pattern has step-by-step instructions and lots of illustrations and/or photos to help guide you through the sewing process, from beginning to end. Most patterns are suitable for beginners, but if there is a pattern that has more advanced techniques, it will be noted in the listing description.
If you wish to sell items made from Modern Vintage Designs patterns, you may do so under the following conditions.
- Items must be made by one person (the original purchaser) in his/her home. Mass production of items is not allowed.
- It is up to you, the manufacturer, to see that all legal and safety requirements and/or guidelines are followed and you assume all responsibility for the items that you sew, sell, and or otherwise distribute.
- You agree to credit Modern Vintage Designs as the pattern designer. How you do this is up to you. If you're selling online, a link to the web address where you purchased the pattern is preferred. If you're selling in boutiques or pop-up shops, you can use the printable tags found at www.modvdesigns.com or include the phrase "Pattern by www.modvdesigns.com" (or something similar) on your own tags.
We do not. We prefer to focus our efforts on creating sewing patterns. However, there are a few people who use our patterns to create finished items that they sell online. You can find that list here.
No, we do not allow sharing. Each PDF purchased is copyright protected and may only be used by the purchaser. You may not forward, copy, or distribute the purchased PDFs. You agree to this upon download.
Much time and effort goes into creating our patterns so that we can support our family. If your sibling/friend/neighbor/etc. is interested in any of our patterns, please share the link to our products and encourage them to purchase their own.
Absolutely! Each student will need to purchase their own pattern through this website or our Etsy shop.